Here are the pics of my backpack build, which utilised special vacuformed pieces, a toilet cistern, and vintage Tupperware! I built this back in 2008 and many of the suppliers I used are now obsolete. It was originally built on an Alice Pack frame but in 2017 was changed to a more accurate frame built from plastic pipes. I can't recall the supplier, sorry! Google around for Sandtrooper field pack parts or head over to the Britannia Patrol Facebook page for lots of help finding stuff and useful info. See the ARMOUR PHOTOS page for pics of my most up to date pack on the more accurate frame.
- Mortar tube: 2.5" x 34" black PVC pipe (just take your thermal detonator plate along and match the curve to it) with white thermal detonator end caps
- White radar dish at end of mortar tube: The push-button lid from a Tupperware jug (eBay)
- Radio Fascia, tool box and black round cup tops: from Mike www.TK1536.com, I don't think he does them any more though.
- Base boxes - size should be approx 14.5"L x 8" W x 4.5/8"H
- The two cups are wet wipes containers, or search eBay for "Tupperware dessert bowls" or "Tupperware dessert cups" and just cut off the neck bit, spray and fit. They may be slightly smaller than Mikes though and not fit as good. Photo of the bowls is below.
- The bellows are Tupperware burger stackers also from eBay but you need the rounded top for them that joins to the toilet cistern, again Mike used to make these, not sure about now. A pic of the unmodified stackers is below.
- Finally you need a toilet cistern, butcher it and glue it to the burger stacker. I'm sure that there will be ready built kits opf this on the internet though.
- Use Humbrol Sea Blue (47) to paint the bee stinger and two cups. Steve thinned the paint down a bit before using it, as you can only buy it in tiny pots!